Jerusalem tour offers an in-depth voyage through one of the most fascinating places on Earth. Rich in history, religion, and culture, contested throughout the ages, Jerusalem’s Old City is holy to Jews, Muslims, and Christians, and home to many of the world’s most iconic places of religious importance.
Jerusalem Old City Tour – Highlights
- Upon arrival in Jerusalem, stop for a ceremony of Shehecheyanu, a blessing that celebrates special occasions giving thanks for new and unique events, all while taking in the sweeping panoramic views of the Old City of Jerusalem, from the Mount of Olives, with a clear sight of the Temple Mount where the Second Temple stood over 2000 years ago
- Visit the City of David- an exciting area of discovery in the heart of ancient Jerusalem- home to many of the most impressive finds of recent years. A true highlight of the tour is a visit to the underground water system including brand new discoveries from the Canaanite Period. You might explore the cool wet Hezekiah’s Tunnel, or choose the recently opened (and dry…) tunnel which brought water to the city in the time of Herod.
- Continue to the Southern Wall Archaeological Park (Davidson Centre) and experience a fascinating presentation describing the Temple Mount and life as it was two millennia ago.
- Arrive at the Kotel – the Western Wall, Judaism’s holiest site, and finish the day’s adventure walking back in time through the Western Wall (Rabbinical) Tunnels, a fantastic route running under the Old City.
- Leave the Old City for a brief tour of modern Jerusalem